FREF Scholarship Renewal
Please fill out your FREF Scholarship Renewal Form by clicking the button below.
The DEADLINE is: May 28, 2021.
Have your Official Transcript e-mailed to: email@example.com.
Or mailed to:
8950 9th St N
St Petersburg, FL 33702
It must be received by May 28, 2021
Questions? Call 727-577-6400 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CHECKLIST FOR NEW FREF SCHOLARSHIP SUBMISSION - Once Online Application is started, it cannot be saved. If you exit, you will have to start all over.
Info needed to fill out application fully:
- Family Income
- Community Service Information
- Leadership Info
- 2 References with full contact info
- Completed Application - online only, button below, cannot be printed and handwritten
- Single page typed essay
- Recommendation Letters
- Official high school transcript with ACT or SAT scores circled. In the event the ACT/SAT scores are not printed on the transcript, a student applying for this scholarship must supply these scores. If the school needs to send transcripts to FREA directly, that is acceptable. Our address is below.
- Submit your application by January 20. All transcripts and supporting paperwork, not available to be uploaded with application, must reach the FREA Office by January 31.
- Questions? email@example.com or 727-577-6400
ALL above information must be received by the FREA Office before being submitted to local FREA Units for the next step, which is an in-person interview.
Scholarships For Future Florida Teachers
It is impossible to estimate the contribution a great teacher makes to our nation, to society, and to the students taught during a lifetime of devoted service to the teaching profession. Unfortunately, there exists, and always has existed, a severe shortage of great teachers. The Florida Retired Educators Foundation (FREF) has established a fund to assist the many young people who are interested in teaching, but unable to fulfill this goal without financial assistance.
Must be a GRADUATING HIGH SCHOOL SENIOR IN 2021
Ability to relate to and work with people of all ages.
Academic aptitude and achievement.
Commitment to service, with special interest in teaching children and youth.
Emphasis is placed on SAT and/or ACT scores. The minimum score for SAT is 1,000 or above (Reading and Math sections) or ACT is 22 or above.
Participation and leadership in school and community activities.
A scholarship is awarded to a high school graduating senior for one year and can be renewed for a maximum of four years of college if the student maintains a satisfactory level of achievement. Satisfactory achievement is defined as a 2.0 grade point average with no failing grade in any subject.
The amount of the scholarships shall be determined and granted annually by the Board of Trustees of the Foundation. Scholarships are currently $1,000 per year. The year for which the scholarship is granted shall be from July 1 to June 30.
Scholarship recipients may attend any accredited public or private community college, a four‑year college or university, provided that their programs are consistent with the goal of becoming a qualified teacher. To ensure renewal qualifications, the recipient will provide the Scholarship Committee of FREF with copies of each quarterly or semester report to parents.