To apply for a NEW Scholarship, please read the instructions carefully, the application link is below.
FREF Scholarship Application process for 2023-2024 is now open for Future Educators Only.
Application deadline - January 20, 2024.
If you have already submitted an application, all required materials must be to the FREA Office by January 31, 2024.
It is impossible to estimate the contribution a great teacher makes to our nation, to society, and to the students taught during a lifetime of devoted service to the teaching profession. Unfortunately, there exists, and always has existed, a severe shortage of great teachers. The Florida Retired Educators Foundation (FREF) has established a fund to assist the many young people who are interested in teaching, but unable to fulfill this goal without financial assistance.
CHECKLIST FOR NEW FREF SCHOLARSHIP SUBMISSION - Once Online Application is started, it cannot be saved. If you exit, you will have to start all over.
Info needed to fill out application fully:
- Family Income
- Community Service Information
- Leadership Info
- 2 References with full contact info
- Completed Application - online only, button below, cannot be printed and handwritten
- Single page typed essay
- Recommendation Letters
- Official high school transcript with ACT or SAT scores circled. In the event the ACT/SAT scores are not printed on the transcript, a student applying for this scholarship must supply these scores. If the school needs to send transcripts to FREA directly, that is acceptable. Our address is below.
- Submit your application by January 20. All transcripts and supporting paperwork, not available to be uploaded with application, must reach the FREA Office by January 31.
- Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org or 727-577-6400
ALL above information must be received by the FREA Office before being submitted to local FREA Units for the next step, which is an in-person interview.